Retail Supply Chain Management (SCM) is management of the broad range of activities necessary to plan, control, and execute the product flow for the retail industry. It includes every step from product conception, production, delivery to putting the product in the hands of the final customer.
What is SCM?
The New Reality of Retail Supply Chain Management
Managing the Retail Supply Chain is not as linear as it used to be. The focus has shifted in recent years to cover many of the following areas.
Global/Cross Functional Teams
Fully Digitized Supply Chains
Focus on Regional Customer Needs
Rapidly Shifting Market
Trade Policies & Tariff
Industry 4.0 (AI, Machine Learning)
Reduced Inventory & Speed to Market
SCM Use Case
Tendering or competitive bidding and the signing off of terms & conditions.
Product Lifecycle Management
Tracking and managing private label goods as they move through the typical stages of its product life.
Supply chain planning
Coordinating assets and critical path management to optimize the delivery of goods faster to market.
The ultimate information flow or tracking and managing finished production, shipments, on-time & full orders.
• Information Exchange and Depository.
• Assess important info at your finger tips, communicate internal & external stakeholders.
• Real-time data regarding chain transactions, inventory, and supplier relationships.
• Adjust production speed and schedule.
• Focused and Goal oriented communication channels.
• Plan, track and review results of KPI’s
• Creates efficiencies, lowers costs, and raises profits.
• Enables companies to manage demand, optimize inventory levels, deal with disruptions, and meet customer demand.
• Constantly monitor operations, turn data into meaningful trends and analysis that you can act on immediately.
Retail Supply Chain nowadays is not simply about getting the order to the customer on time; it’s about doing everything at the right time—before, during, and after order delivery.
CBX Software can help implement retail supply chain management software that is tailored to your company. If you’re interested in learning more about how CBX can seamlessly integrate into your current workflow or have any questions about our software, reach out to us. We look forward to working with you andhelping your company achieve its true potential.